Nicholas Ramos has an extensive background in real property litigation through real-world experience. He has spent several years focused on real property acquisition by public and quasi-public entities under threat of eminent domain, particularly in property acquisition via state and federal government contracts. He has also garnered education and experience with the International Right of Way Association in fee property acquisition, title work, engineering, permitting, easements and rights of way. During his internship at a well-known Sioux Falls law firm, Nicholas pursued his passion in working on inverse condemnation and property disputes.
In addition to his real property experience, Nicholas has a strong background in information technology and enterprise servers under government contract. He is tenacious when it comes to advocating for his clients, and is well known for his impeccable integrity and ethics.
Nicholas Makoto Ramos was born and raised in Sacramento, California, and he spent his early career building a foundation on his BS in Business Marketing. After moving to Sioux Falls, South Dakota in 2014 to be closer to his wife’s family, he decided to pursue an education in law from the University of South Dakota, where he was awarded his Juris Doctorate, with honors, in 2019. After law school, he proudly clerked for the Second Circuit Court of South Dakota. During that time, he worked with all 12 judges in the circuit, researching, writing opinions and memorandums and providing various other forms of support.
Nicholas’ diverse background in business, government, information technology and real property make him a valuable asset as a lawyer. His expertise in the law lie specifically in:
• Real Property
• Tenant Law
• Land Development
• Securities Regulation
• Workers’ Compensation
- Construction Professional Malpractice Litigation
- Construction Defect Litigation
- General Construction Litigation
- Insurance & Coverage Litigation
- Construction Contract & Document Negotiation
- Construction Licensing Matters
- Construction Education & Risk Management
- Other Construction Advice & Representation
Professional and Community
- State Bar of South Dakota
- South Dakota Young Lawyers Association
- Authorized to practice in Minnesota
Awards and Recognition
- American Law Institute–CLE Award for Scholarship and Leadership (USD 2019)