David J. Hieb is passionate about protecting the rights of the civil litigation clients he serves in an array of civil litigation matters. He finds great satisfaction in helping people, irrespective of the exact area of law. David’s personable approach, combined with his do-the-hard-work attitude, helps clients during their most difficult moments in life.
David J. Hieb is a Sioux Falls native and graduate of Roosevelt High School. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of South Dakota and graduated with honors from the University of South Dakota School of Law in 2018. There, David received multiple Outstanding Performance Awards, competed nationally in the USD Trial and Moot Court Team, and was a Moot Court Board Member.
David served as a Summer Associate for Evans, Haigh, & Hinton of Sioux Falls and following graduation, accepted a position as Law Clerk for the Second Judicial Circuit of South Dakota. As a law clerk, he assisted in trial preparation and helped draft bench memorandums and legal opinions on a variety of complex legal issues. David joined Boyce Law Firm in 2019.
David enjoys a work-life balance, remodeling old homes, playing sports, and spending time with his wife and two young sons.
- Construction Professional Malpractice Litigation
- Construction Defect Litigation
- General Construction Litigation
- Insurance & Coverage Litigation
- Construction Contract & Document Negotiation
- Construction Licensing Matters
- Construction Education & Risk Management
- Other Construction Advice & Representation
Professional and Community
- State Bar of South Dakota
- American Bar Association
- South Dakota Defense Lawyers Association
- Big Brother, Big Sisters of Sioux Falls
Awards and Recognitions
- Great Plains Super Lawyers Rising Star (2022)