David C. Stoos joined the firm in 2014 and is a member of both the firm’s Business and Litigation sections. As an associate at Boyce, David focuses his practice on resolving issues related to real estate, including land rights and condemnation proceedings, energy law, business law and compliance, and general litigation.
Prior to joining Boyce Law Firm, David was engaged in automobile insurance defense and personal injury litigation on behalf of those injured in automobile accidents.
David attended Briar Cliff University in Sioux City, Iowa with a Bachelor’s in Chemistry. He continued his studies at the University of South Dakota where he earned a Master’s of Political Science and later a Juris Doctor from the University of South Dakota School of Law in 2014.
As an associate attorney, David has assisted in litigation on matters ranging from personal injuries to construction defect litigation and energy law. He also maintains a practice in business and transactional matters related primarily to real estate. Representative areas of David’s practice and experience as are follows:
Real Estate Experience:
• Easement Review and Litigation of Shared Easements
• Foreclosure of Contracts for Deeds
• Waiver and Modification of Restrictive Covenants
• Home Owners Association (HOA) Covenant Drafting and Disputes
Energy Law Experience:
• Review of Rate Increases and Compliance with South Dakota Public Utilities Commission Tariffs
• Assistive roles in Energy Provider Rate Increase Intervention
Insurance and Personal Injury:
• Car Accident Injury Claims
• Homeowner’s Insurance Coverage
• Unemployment Benefit Proceedings
• Prosecution and Defense of Protection or Stalking Orders
When not at the office, David enjoys being outdoors, traveling, and spending time with friends and family.
Professional and Community
State Bar of South Dakota
South Dakota Defense Lawyers Association
Defense Research Institute
University of South Dakota, Alternative Dispute Resolution Board, Co-Advisor
Awards and Recognitions
Thomas Sterling Honor Society (Top 10% of graduating class), University of South Dakota School of Law